What is social bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is the technique to get good backlinks, huge traffic along with branding, promotion & indexing privileges. If you are an SEO or digital marketing guy, you must know about it.
Why use social bookmarking sites?
In my previous blog post, I discussed about On Page SEO Checklist and once you finish your on page optimization, your next step should be off page optimization. In this, you can start with social bookmarking. The beginning should be with submitting blog posts / web pages to social bookmarking websites as it has so many benefits.
- Bookmarking is the fastest way to index your website or blog post in search engines- Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
- Top social bookmarking sites have high PR. If you have backing from them, it will provide quality backlinks.
- Social bookmarking websites’ submission helps us to generate new relevant traffic.
- By submitting on social bookmarking, your blog post can go viral.
- It will improve domain authority.
- It will reduce bounce rate.
- It will help in blog categorization.
How to do social bookmarking?
All SEO guys are doing social bookmarking. But do you know how to do it effectively?
All social bookmarking websites are not the same. Before starting submitting the blog posts on websites, you have to understand their rules and regulations. Few high PR social bookmarking websites like reddit.com, bizsurgar.com are very sticky in approval and spamming is strictly not allowed.
For these types of websites, you have to be more social and have to try building your profile by submitting high authority blog posts of other websites or you can comment on others’ posts, re-share and upvote. To get more benefits out of this, create innovative title, creative description, add target keywords in tags or keyword field and most important thing is that you have to choose category wisely.
Hope you have understood – what is social bookmarking? Why everyone should do bookmarking? And how to do it? So let’s start with the top 65 high pr social bookmarking sites.
- Reddit :- Reddit is one of my favorite bookmarking websites. It’s not easy to submit your blog post on reddit. You need to upvote and re-submit others’ reddit posts. It will improve your reddit karmas, once you have sufficient karmas, you can submit your blog posts easily, read subreddit’s rules before posting on it. Meanwhile, try to add few posts of famous websites or add current news related posts so that people comment or upvote your posts.
- Stumbleupon :- Stumbleupon powered by ebay, is a good source of instant traffic. To submit blog post on it, you need to register. A complete profile will help you in traffic generation. Don’t submit your blog multiple times in a day. It will be considered as spam. You can add other blog posts, if you are running multiple blog sites. Only submission is not sufficient, you need to build you network in your niche. Comment on others’ stumbies
- Delicious :- Delicious is one of the top social bookmarking sites with high pr. Like other bookmarking sites, here also only blog post submission is not sufficient to get maximum benefits out of it.
- To build a network, you need to like, comment, share or upvote others’ posts.
- Submit in most relevant category. If you are not able to get proper category, you can submit in news section.
- Prepare most informative title and description and add targeted keywords.
- Bizsugar:- Bizsugar is the toughest website to publish your blog post on. You need to be very careful while submitting blog post on bizsugar.
- Submit reputed and high authority website’s post in relevant category.
- Upvote and comment on others’ published posts.
- Once you build strong profile, then try to submit your blog post.
- Write meaningful description, creative title and choose appropriate category.
- Scoop.it :- Scoop.it is one of the best places of content curation and content marketing. Here you can bookmark your blog post or can create a complete article with backlinks to your blog. I have tested both of them. It has premium and free plans. You can use both as per your requirement. Premium plan has few extra features. As its DA and Alexa rankings are high so it’s extremely good for building backlinks.
- You can manage multiple topics in a single account.
- You can build community.
- Share, like and comment on other’s posts.
- Write catchy headings with targeted keywords.
- Add images in your scoop article.
- Pinterest :- Pinterest is not only a bookmarking website, but it is the most popular graphical content distribution social media website. Here, you can discover content on any topic and most of the content will be in graphic format. And best part of it is that anyone can easily operate Pinterest.
After creating an account in Pinterest, you need to follow few categories. Choose wisely as you will get their pins. Before adding a pin, you need to create a board with keyword rich board title and description and choose the most relevant category. You can invite others to pin on your board.
Find related pin boards and join them. Here you can’t join directly, invitation is needed to post on group board. For invitation, you are supposed to follow admin of that group, repin his/ her pins and wait for him to notice you or you can also send him a personal request message. Don’t promote your blog post in groups all the times, try to be social!
Guys! Pinterest has good source of traffic for those who have rich graphical content like themes, designs & infographics. I got huge response from Pinterest for one of my SEO projects (Themechilly.com).
Top 65 High PR social bookmarking sites 2016.
Here I am sharing with you a high pr social bookmarking sites list which I am using regularly for my websites.